[amibroker] Re: Qts' on differing results in system testing

Ara - thanks.

Another qts - for those who have tested their systems against
futures.  Is there a difference in results between e-minis and full
size contracts using the same system parameters in backtesting?  I
would tend to think so going by some of the results I see on
Attaincapital for R-Mesa and R-Mesa emini (for e.g).

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx> wrote:
> Futures will mimick the index, but there are a couple of
differences:

> 1. There is a premuim (sometimes negative) added to futures prices
as there
> is a carrying cost
> 2. Futures are more volatile, therefore the short term price
fluctuations.

Coverprice
> > rules).  Its non-optimized.  The trade settings are $100k, no
margin,
> > $18/trade, buy next day and sell on close.  I tested it on ^DJI
> > on walk forward basis - meaning, I started on 3/28/72 (picked at
> > random) to 3/27/73 and backtested and then 'walked forward' each
year
> > to 2005.  The results are outstanding!  One losing year (-7%) and
the
> > rest winning years ranged from 3% to 100+%.  Highest system
drawdown
> > is under 30%.
> > When I tested the system on DIA on walkforward from 2000 to 2005,
my
> > results were still excellent but less than ^DJI.  For e.g - one
yr, I
> > got 122% net profit on ^DJI and 33% on DIA.  When I tested ^RUT
and
> > IWM, I got opposite results.  ^RUT net profits for 1 yr were 20+%
but
> > IWM was 88%.  For ^NDX, net profit was 300+% for 2000-2001 but
QQQQ