[amibroker] Re: Dynamically Defining number of Bars to be Loaded

Graham, thanks.

I had seen the help text re SetBarsRequired and initially got the
impression that it would not make a difference for simple AFL code,
which is as much programming as I can muster.

But, will experiment with it later this week, and see what happens.

Regards,
David

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> Have you tried SetBarsRequired?
>
> On Apr 6, 2005 12:48 PM, dweilmuenster95125
> <dweilmuenster95125@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Thanks, Christopher, but I don't think that's the answer.  Even when I
> > use the data range capability to limit an exploration to, say, 5
> > years, the progress messages flashing at the bottom of AmiBroker
> > indicate that it's loading 3000 bars (about 11 years) for every symbol
> > in the exploration.  So, changing the date range to 1 year from 5
> > years doesn't reduce the run time for the exploration.
> >
> > David
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Christoper" <turkey@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > You can limit the date range for explorations/scans in teh AA
window.
> > >  That will cut the time down.
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dweilmuenster95125"

Explorations