Fwd: Re: [#19595] Fwd:[amibroker] BARCOUNTER - Anyone having time to spare for this one? - received

April 06 2005,

Hi Tomasz,

Ref my earlier request for help. Fortunately I have
been able to locate the code that your support desk
was kind enough to provide me with-pasted below the
message . So I will not be wasting any of your time
asking you to do what you have already done for me
before. :-).

However if you will please help me comprehend how to
use the code, I will be most grateful. What I need to
do is identify each bar # on which pivots are formed
as defined by the code. I am sure the answer is in the
code that you have sent to me. My problem is ASBSOLUTE
lack of programming skills forcing me to impose on
you. I now look forward to hearing from you at the
earliest convenient. Thanks,

Regards

Rakesh

ST_MA=EMA(C,12);
LT_MA=EMA(C,26);
N_MACD=((ST_MA-LT_MA)/(ST_MA+LT_MA))*100;
M_TRGR=EMA(N_MACD,9);

X_UP=Cross(N_MACD,M_TRGR);
X_DN=Cross(m_TRGR,N_MACD);

//*********************************************//
function HighestBetween(_expression,array,n)
{
e=_expression;a=array;
Hb=IIf(n>0,ValueWhen(e,Ref(HighestSince(e,a,1),-1),
     Min(LastValue(Cum(e)),n)),HighestSince(e,a));
return LastValue(Hb);
}
//*********************************************//

//*********************************************//
function LOWESTBetween(_expression,array,n)
{
e=_expression;a=array;
Hb=IIf(n>0,ValueWhen(e,Ref(LowestSince(e,a,1),-1),
     Min(LastValue(Cum(e)),n)),LowestSince(e,a));
return LastValue(Hb);
}
//*********************************************//

HighPiVot=HighestBetween(X_UP,H,0  );
LowPivot=LowestBetween(X_DN,L,0);

HighIndex = 0;
MyHigh = 0;
barind = BarIndex();

for(i=1;i<BarCount;i++)
{
	MyHigh[ i ] = MyHigh[ i-1 ];
	HighIndex[ i ] = HighIndex[ i-1 ];

	if( X_UP[ i-1 ] OR  High[ i ] > MyHigh[ i ])
	{
		MyHigh[ i ] = High[ i ];
		HighIndex[ i ] = barind[ i ];
	}