[amibroker] Re: Optimizing & Robustness of single parameters

I don't get email from the forum ... is that a Yahoo email address ?

Oh, and btw ... it is NOT a dll per se ... it is a vbscript (
automation )  which runs AB/AA/Optimization in short bursts,
evaluates the results and decides where to go next.

If your system can be optimized with exhaustive search then PSO won't
do anything for you.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Natasha !! <dynomitedoll_ddd@xxxx>
wrote:

> [...]
> temps are sometimes below freezing .Currently  weather here is fine
and
> sunny and just right for some OPtimisation.
>        Thanks for the info.
>
>    --- N !!
>
> --- Steve Dugas <sjdugas@xxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi Fred,
> >
> > I have seen you refer to "intelligent optimization" in previous
> > messages.
> > Honestly, I can't claim to know very much about it, but I am
guessing
> > that
> > you have determined your PSO approach to be the most feasible
method
> > of
> > attacking this for the time being? I downloaded your original
version
> > when
> > you first posted it, but have not been able to look at it yet.
> > Unfortunately, with a full-time job and the need to concentrate
on my
> > trades
> > at night, I had to pretty much abandon the idea of exploring new
> > approaches
> > a while back due to lack of time.
> >
> > The good news (for me, anyway  :-) is that within a month or two,
> > will
> > have moved on to warmer climes and full-time trading, at which
point
> > I will
> > be able to resume coding on a few ideas that I have.
> >
> > I am actually very interested in optimization. You may recall
that I
> > wrote a
> > DLL a year or two ago which automatically returns the optimal
value
> > of
> > several built-in indicators for each individual stock. At the
time,
> > this
> > approach was roundly denounced by some of the more experienced
> > traders, and
> > in fact, I actually tried it for a while, with only mediocre
results.
> > But
> > based on these results, I have some ideas/plans for refining and
> > backtesting
> > this approach, which I have put on hold for now because it looks
like
> > major coding job. The results, of course, remain to be seen, but
when
> > the
> > time comes, I would be very interested in hearing your opinion
and,
> > if you
> > think you might be interested, possibly getting your feedback on
ways
> > improve it via these intelligent optimization and/or sensitivity
> > testing
> > methods. OK, getting late now here, time to look at some charts.
> > Thanks
> > again for the code below,  and looking  forward to your response!

Robustness
> > > of
Robustness