[amibroker] Refs outside of selected date range?

How come when I choose to view a specific date range in the auto-
analyzer and then Ref() outside of that range I don't get null values?

For example if I have:
Buy = 1;
Test = Ref(Buy,-1);

Then I would expect on the very first bar of my date range that "Test"
would NOT be 1, but it is. It seems to grab the data from the previous
bar. How can I get it to treat that first bar like there is no previous
data whatsoever?

Thanks,

Joel