[amibroker] Re: AFL Library

George,

you can copy paste the scans/screens into AA (automatice analysis
= ! Icon) or the indicators into Indicator Builder =(Hammer Icon) or
commentary codes into Guru = Newspaper roll Icon.

Once a code is copied and pasted, then save it in the AFL or Formula
folder under Amibroker. (you have other folders to choose from it
you want to use them). Once saved, you can access the code via
either option (AA, IB, or Guru). Some codes can be used for all 3
options. Some codes are "Composites" that must be scanned in AA
first, then you can apply the "Indicator" that was formed from the
composite scan.

AB does take some learning. I had TC for 3 years and never liked
their code language. For me (someone who is not a programmer), AB
was easier to learn and has more variables or expandability of use.

When you paste a code in AA, then you can set your parameters on
which you which to screen/scan  (under the "apply to"  and "range").
You can filter out certain watchlists, markets that you dont want to
screen/scan and you can choose how far back you want to scan.

Once you get results from a screen/scan, then right click it and you
have options (save to watchlist, export to excel, etc)

Hope that helps some...Good Trading!!!
Brian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:
> George,
>
> Well, I know how you feel...which is why I answered your question
first.
> My first programming course was also in Fortran in the 60's. The
> weirdest part about Amibroker programming, for those used to
Fortran,
> Basic, etc. is the Array processing. Simply said, each function is
> processed ONCE for all bars and your code essentially never comes
back
> there again so you can't forward reference a value that hasn't
been
> computed yet. You can make AB look more like traditional
programming if
> necessary using Looping code. Remember that you need to use array
> subscripts if you use looping.
>
> Best way to learn is to get simple examples and learn to
understand how