[amibroker] Re: Stupid Question?

Great idea Claude, thank you for the code. Some of this I already
do, but your example here is more comprehensive.

I'm still not sure why "Activate Stops Immediately" would have any
effect on a strategy with no stops, but who cares..it works.

-Eric.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Claude Caruana"
<claudecaruana@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>

> I too tend to overlook the settings screen before I run a test and
I have
> often left an optimization run overnight only to find it's totally
useless
> because I forgot to set the proper settings :-) because of this I
now make
> it a point to copy paste the code below (and modify accordingly)
for every
> system I use. It also helps when you are running different systems
which
> require slightly different settings.
>

> Claude
>

> /******************************************************************
*********
> **************************/
>
> //Set Parameters
>
> /******************************************************************
*********
> **************************/
>
> SETOPTION("NoDefaultColumns",0);
>
> SETOPTION("InitialEquity",250000);
>
> SETOPTION("AllowSameBarExit",0);
>
> SETOPTION("ActivateStopsImmediately",0);
>
> SETOPTION("AllowPositionShrinking",0);
>
> SETOPTION("FuturesMode",0);
>
> SETOPTION("InterestRate",0);
>
> SETOPTION("MaxOpenPositions",1000);
>
> SETOPTION("MinShares",1);
>
> SETOPTION("PriceBoundChecking",1) ;
>
> SETOPTION("CommissionMode",2); //Dollar per trade
>
> SETOPTION("CommissionAmount",10);
>
> SETOPTION("MarginRequirement",100); //No margin
>
> SETOPTION("ReverseSignalForcesExit",0);
>
> SETOPTION("UsePrevBarEquityForPosSizing",1);
>

> SetTradeDelays(0,1,0,1); //Buy on same bar, sell next bar
>

>   _____

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129cv9bl9/M=298184.6191685.7192823.30011
76/D=gr

oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1111602717/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http
:/www.n
> etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here
>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=
> :HM/A=2593423/rand=965142105>
>

>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>
> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>
> *	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service