From: Joe Landry
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 5:13 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Add to Composite With Quotes Plus Data Base

Hello Mike:
Good.  Now the next question, what would you like to 'composite'?

 For example you can add the volume and do a composite of the volume of a group, or you can do new highs or Wilder's Index?
Here's an example for building a composite and plotting the arrays you built.  Look in the Amibroker home page in the resources for a white paper written by Herman van den Bergen a while back on AddtoComposites for more information.  http://www.amibroker.org/3rdparty/IntroToAtc.pdf

Let me know if you find a script to build a group from a comma separate variable list. With QP you can clip and paste to create a watch list but have not worked with groups.

Best regards
JOE

// Calculate Wilder's Index for all component stocks in Energy Sector

// Use Filter = Select Filter Energy Sector

// Range - n last quotations = 1

// Current Symbol - A stock with a lot of data bars in it's history

// Run a Scan

//===================Wilder’s Directional Index (Composite for all Energy Sector)===========

AddToComposite(PDI(14), "~EGpdi", "X" );

AddToComposite(MDI(14), "~EGmdi", "X" );

AddToComposite(ADX(14), "~EGadx", "X" );

Buy = Sell = 0; // Lets AB run a SCAN without balking

This goes in the Indicator Builder for plotting, you'll have to change all the references to the ~NYSE*** to ~EG

_SECTION_BEGIN("NYSE Wilder Dir Index");
//Wilder’s Directional Index (Composite for all NYSE stocks)
//AddToComposite(PDI(14), "~NYSEpdi", "X" );
//AddToComposite(MDI(14), "~NYSEmdi", "X" );
//AddToComposite(ADX(14), "~NYSEadx", "X" );

Count = Foreign("~NYSEcount", "c");
nysePDI = Foreign("~NYSEpdi", "c") / Count;
nyseMDI = Foreign("~NYSEmdi", "C") / Count;
nyseADX = Foreign("~NYSEadx", "c") / Count;
Plot(nysePDI, "Composite +DI", colorGreen, styleLine);
Plot(nyseMDI, "Composite -DI", colorRed, styleLine);
Plot(nyseADX, "Composite ADX", colorBlack, styleLine);
_SECTION_END();