[amibroker] Re: OFF-Topic

Patrick,

The programs you mention are indeed very useful. However, the problem
with most startup monitoring programs is that they do not survey all
available startup locations in Windows (and there are really a lot of
them!). The most complete list is probably included in "Autoruns"
from http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml.

Greetings, Thomas

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Patrick Hargus" <47nwtrader@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Ara,
>
> If you haven't found the problem, try using Startup Inspector
(freeware)
> which you can get from http://www.windowsstartup.com/ .  Once
installed, you
> can examine all programs which run at startup.  You might also want
> install StartupMonitor (also freeware) which runs in the background
and
> alerts you to changes in the registry to your startup sequence.
Get it from
> Mike Lin's site at http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml (he
also has
> Startup Control Panel another useful freeware utility).  I use
these on both
> a Win2K box as well as boxes with XP Pro SP1 and SP2.  Good luck.
>
> Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129g3l3gu/M=298184.6191685.7192823.300117
6/D=gr

oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1111542981/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http: