RE: [amibroker] Re: How do I Implementing Good Till Cancel Stop order

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: How do I Implementing Good Till Cancel Stop order
  • From: "Thomas Chan" <tchan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:11:38 -0800

Thanks for the info. Yes, I know for exit applystop can be used, the main issue is the entry.

I thought these orders are available on most, if not all, broke houses so they should be very easy to implement, but I found myself going nowhere. I wonder if all traders/investors here are using market orders only, because the same issue apply to GTC LIMIT orders too.

By setting trade delay, as far as I know, the entry orders are to be executed on the number of delayed bars after the order regardless, but this does not address GTC STOP order at all.

Hopefully, others or TJ can step in offering helps. Thanks....

Thomas