Re: [amibroker] Re: Does anyone else find volume charts valuable?

Hi,
     Discussion below referring to  Equivolume charts  ? http://www.equivolume.com/papers.aspx .Power point tutorial at url.
 Arms Equivolume System.

----- N !!
scourt2000 <stevehite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes Ed, that's it.  Time is not relevant to the price bar with tick
and volume charts.  They appeal mostly to futures traders.   eSignal
and TradeStation have volume charts.  It should be no big deal to
include them into Amibroker since they should be very similar to
tick charts programatically speaking...the difference being that
the "tick" is replaced with the actual number of contracts traded
for that transaction.

Steve

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ed nl" <ed2000nl@xxxx> wrote:
> basicly I believe what you are saying is that you want to make a
chart of Price as a function of Volume instead of Price as a
function of Time.

> In general I agree that it would be nice to have an option to be
able to chose both the X and Y coordinates of a chart and not just
for volume but in general; Plot(X,Y,"",colorBlue,1);

> rgds, Ed

transacted.

>   You'll find these charts to be very smooth and quite tradeable.
All
>   of your standard indicators will work on them to give you
signals to
>   take a traded.  The volume information is "built in" to these
>   charts.  The speed at which the bars move lets you know that.
>
>   Steve
>
>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
>   <psytek@xxxx> wrote:
>   > Never use volume, wish I could make it do something useful :-)
>   beside
>   > screening stocks for liquidity..
>   > herman
Terms
>   of Service.
>

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.

Warm regards,
Natasha !

Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]

Do you Yahoo!?
Make Yahoo! your home page

click here

Yahoo! Groups Links