Re: [amibroker] Categories

Gary, Yes, there's a categoryaddsymbols and categoryremovesymbol and
AS AN EXAMPLE this statement used in the function below shows how to empty those watchlists or
anyone of the groups.

CategoryRemoveSymbol(sym,categoryWatchlist,listnum);

can be changed to fill the group by

   CategoryAddSymbols(sym,categoryMarket,listnum);       where listnum is 0 to 255 if you
are going to use market as your category.

This is a test function used to clear a watchlist before I add newly filtered tickers to it.
To run the routine as is, make sure you don't care what's in the watchlist 30 the default, 2)
load in IB or AA, choose current ticker, 1 day range, open the parameter pop up, hit the paramtrigger
 and select scan if AA.
 You will probably have to select VIEW / REFRESH ALL all to see that the list was emptied.

Hope this helps
JOE

// Makes a Watchlist Empty

function MakeEmptyWatchList( listnum )

{

// retrieve comma-separated list of symbols in watch list

list = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist,Listnum);

for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )

{

CategoryRemoveSymbol(sym,categoryWatchlist,listnum);

}

return;

}

Listn = Param("WtchList No.", 30,0,63,1);

trigger = ParamTrigger("Clear WList","Click Here to Clear");

if (trigger)

{

MAkeEmpty = MAkeEmptyWatchlist(Listn);

}

Buy=Sell=0;

Plot(Close,"Name",colorBlack,styleThick);