From: dalengo [mailto:dalengo@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:24 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] (solved): AA processes only fraction of WL

Thanks TJ (and Graham)!
Problem solved: following your advice I checked the Yahoo DB and the
code.
Some of Yahoo DJ indices that I check produced some (meaningless)
Volume !=0 data for the last few session, that were absent before
(like ^RUT). Therefore, my simple filter used for tickers with and
without volume has cut them off, since they of course have C>30 as a
rule:
----------8<---------------------------------------------------------
if( LastValue(MA(V,50)) > 0)
  Filter = LastValue(MA(V,50))>100000  AND LastValue(MA(C,22))<30;
else
  Filter = 1;
----------8<---------------------------------------------------------
Commenting out the first three lines produces the desirable result.
That's another dash of salt wrt poor quality of Yahoo data, worden
is better, but far from ideal too -- this is very unfortunate.
Hope another pair of kids from Stanford can start a data vendor co.
soon.
cheers - alex

> Hello,
>
> First please go to Tools->Database Purify to determine if you have
> data for this particular date.
>
> Second thing: verify if you really selected watch list and nothing
else
> in the filter. Multiple filter selections work as "AND" operator
(not OR),
> so if you select multiple filtering conditions only symbols that
> meet ALL CONDITIONS at THE SAME TIME are included in the scan.
> Check also Filter->EXCLUDE page and make sure it is empty
(press "CLEAR" button)