[amibroker] Re: Correlation Matrix - code help needed

Below is the code I used for a correlation matrix.  It sets up the
tickers fine in the AFL box but there is no output (no results).
Does anyone know what may be wrong?

Thanks - Jason

 // Exploration to create
//Correlation matrix

// Be sure to set
//"Apply to" to desired wishlist Name

// Also, change the
//watchlist number ("2" in example below) to the correct number
//(zero based).

Buy=Sell=Short=Cover=0;

Filter =
Status("LastBarInTest");

list =
GetCategorySymbols(
categoryWatchlist,
20 );

for(
NumTickers=0; NumTickers
< 99 AND StrExtract(
list, NumTickers ) !=
"";
NumTickers++ );

AddTextColumn(Name(),"Ticker",1.0);

for(
Col=0;
Col<NumTickers; Col++)

   {

   Ticker1 =
Name();

   Ticker2 =
StrExtract( list, Col);

   Var1 =
Foreign(Ticker1,"C");

   Var2 =
Foreign(Ticker2,"C");

   Test =
Correlation( Var1, Var2,
8 );

   Color =
IIf(Test>0,
colorBrightGreen,
IIf(Test<0,
colorRed,
colorWhite));

   Color =
IIf(Ticker1==Ticker2,
1, Color);

AddColumn( Test,
Ticker2, 1.3,
1, Color);

   }

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jhart_1972" <jhart_1972@xxxx>
wrote:

> forget it, I think I found one in the archives
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jhart_1972" <jhart_1972@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone had a code that put together a
> correlation
> > matrix for a given watchlist.  For example, say you have a
> watchlist
> > of stocks, ETFs, Indexes, etc., I'd like to see how they
correlate
> > with one another.  I was thinking it would be ideal for up to 10
> > securities, after that it may become a little overwhelming.
> >
> > I picture it in a table format looking a little like this (I
hope
> it
> > posts OK)
> >              stk A    Stk B  Stk C   Stk D
> > stock A        1.0     .5     .25      .5
> > stock B
> > stock C        misc. corr numbers here
> > stock D
> >

> > I haven't attempted to code this yet, so I figured I'd check
here
> > first.  I could either tackle the coding or face the wife's
wrath
> > over a crown molding project I've been putting off for weeks.
If