From: teldridge@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:teldridge@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:13 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Range Exploration

I am looking at using AmiBroker instead of my present scanning
program. I tried to use a simple formula from my old program to find
the average range of prices over the last 5 days in an Exploration in
an end-of-day database.

This is the formula from my present program that I tried to use:
Range = (((H - L) + (H1 - L1) + (H2 - L2) + ( H3 - L3) + (H4 - L4)) / 5);

After trying to read through the AFL reference guide I assumed this
formula was too simple. If there is a way to code this in AmiBroker
for a non-programmer I would appreciate being shown how?

I am wondering if I am getting in over my head in attempting to use
AmiBroker when I am not a computer programmer? Do any non-programmer
traders use AmiBroker?

Check group FAQ at: