Re: [amibroker] Re: Rename of Symbol

sorry you are now way above my head when it come to scripts, however , I tried  typing "URLGET" amibroker to see what will pops up.

elee67 <elee67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the quick response....The merge would work great..however,
there are probably 5-20+ symbol changes on a daily basis...so trying
to figure out if there was abway to automate that via afl or jscript...

for jscript...i was thinking something like this :

oStock1 = oStocks( Ticker1 );
oStock2 = oStocks.add( Ticker2 );
var Qty = oStock1.Quotations.Count;

for( i = 0; i < Qty; i++ )
{
    oQuote1 = oStock1.Quotations( i );
    oQuote2 = oStock2.Quotations.add(oQuote1.Date);
    oQuote2.Date = oQuote1.Date
    oQuote2.Close = oQuote1.Close
    oQuote2.Open = oQuote1.Open
    oQuote2.High = oQuote1.High
    oQuote2.Low = oQuote1.Low
    oQuote2.Volume = oQuote1.Volume
    oQuote2.OpenInt =  oQuote1.OpenInt
}

But not sure if there is a better way

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, l washington <goldwing01_1999@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hopefully I will answer this correctly.
>
> First I would use "merge at the top of AB under symbols" this way
all my data is move under the new symbol and AB deletes old symbol and
data.

> Now for the script, I would think all tickers are not listed in this
script, since its a script it retrieving data and deleting non-active
quotes so, I would leave it alone.