[amibroker] Re: Revised Symbols.zip in files section

Sector and Industy has nothing to do with translations... It is only
used if you use amiquote to update ticker price data from yahoo or msn.

You need to create the tickers or update the tickers using the csv
files which will assign tickers to the appropriate sector/industry.
The only caveat is that the ticker symbols must match what esignal
provides... otherwise it won't get data. I.E. DJI is the symbol for
the dow industrials average.. with yahoo, you need to translate it to
^DJI in order to get the data. wiht MSN you need to translate it to
$INDU. With ESignal, you would probably need to input an alias to the
symbol in order to retrieve quotes for it.

Symbol management is not a fun task to do...for most basic stock
symbols, its fine.. but once you get into indexes, otc bb stocks, you
get different ticker symbols from the different services. Also
preferred stock is a problem. i.e. AA+ is AA-P on yahoo and AA- on
MSN( I think).. not sure what that is on esignal.

I will be looking at esignal in the next week or so and will try to
figure out how best to map symbols over to what esignal has. I will
then try to create an ALIAS column so that when you import the
symbols, there will be an alias to the symbol such that it will use
the alias to get data from esignal. I would assume that might work,
but not sure if AmiBroker will use alias to get data from esignal or
not... if it doesn't. then you'd have to create a list of esignal
ticker symbols separate..