Re: [amibroker] Re: Revised Symbols.zip in files section

Hi,
 Some Clarifications as below :Thanks.
 elee67 wrote: > > I am still sourcing info to determine the best places on the net to > get symbols and symbol updates.. there are a few errors in the > files..but will be posting an update in the next week or two to fix > it...
 Tried yahoo? You can get tickers and names industry wise and index wise in csv format when u make portfolios.Just a suggestion.
> > As for importing the csv files : > > Before you do anything... > > Under your Amibroker installation directory.. you will need to go > into > the Formats Folder.. There will be a file called import.types. You > need to edit that file and add the following line to end of the file > : > > Symbol (*.*)|*.*|symbolonly.format > > Create a new file called symbolonly.format and put the following > lines > in it : > > $FORMAT Fullname,Ticker,Market,Skip,Industry > $SKIPLINES 0 > $SEPARATOR , > $DEBUG 1 > $BREAKONERR 0 > $AUTOADD 1 > $NOQUOTES 1 > $OVERWRITE 0 > > Then take the brokers.sectors and brokers.industries and copy to your > Amibroker install directory(i.e. C:\AmiBroker\)
 This is already available there?
 > > After that.. Open up AmiBroker. Best to create a new database in > order > to get the approprioate sector and industries....Then under Files > there is Import Ascii.. Choose that and then choose the amisymbls.csv > and it should import the symbols in. > > > The mapping files need to be copied and pasted into amiquote in order > to d/l the quotes from yahoo or msn via AmiQuote. >
These Mapping files would be ??????????
 > Hope that helps to get you started...

Warm regards,
Natasha !

Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]