From: William Peters [mailto:william@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, 6 February 2005 3:16 PM
To: Paul Ho
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Can we plot ticker from a foreign database

Paul,

You can import data and  it gets stored locally in the AmiBroker database
even though your using the MS Plugin but you first need to solve the
problem of duplicate ticker names.

Maybe you can rename all your US tickers with a .US suffix (i.e MSFT.US)
and then use the symbol translation table in AmiQuote to match
them with the real ticker name. So the entry in the translation table
would be MSFT.US,MSFT
You can easily create this for all the US stocks in one go and then paste it
into the AmiQuote translation table.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
William Peters (AmiBroker Group Moderator)
www.amitools.com