From: Andrew Z [mailto:wizard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 19:19
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] What would you do?

G'day all,

Firstly, let me state for the record that I am a novice. But I'm
learning. I've been working on a system that I feel comfortable with and
that I can have faith in. In playing with the backtester settings, as
you do, I came across some surprising results when I switched from daily
to weekly periods - an increase of almost 300% over my daily cumulative
profit figure. Some people (most?) would be happy with such a discovery.
But, assuming I was to go with this system, I don't think i'm capable of
trading weekly. I am used to (in my limited time) working with daily
bars and making decisions at EOD that, were I to go with  the system,
but on a weekly basis, I don't think I would have THAT much faith if
things went south on one day (assuming I'm long) to wait until the end
of week bar and then evaluate. Maybe that comes with experience? Or
having the utmost faith in my system and belief that it will get me out
if this go against me? I dunno...

I'm so not used to thinking in terms of weeks, that it is all a
bit...unknown.

What would you do?

Andrew.