Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL help please: linearray.(Solved)

Bob and Dominick

Thank you both for pointing out the error of my ways,
and steering me through the Linearray help files.

I need to have a NUMBER or VALUE for each x0,x1,y0,y1,
and not an array.

I can see now that Buyprice is an ARRAY.
Anything based on ValueWhen is an ARRAY.

The only function that I have been able to find that
extracts these values is Lastvalue.

Here is code that does what I want it to:

********************

Buy = Cross( Close,EMA(C,30));

x0 = LastValue(ValueWhen(Buy,BarIndex(),1 ) );
y0 = LastValue(ValueWhen(Buy,C,1) );
x1 = x0 + 260;
y1 = y0 * 1.2;
y2 = y0 * 2;
MingainLine = LineArray(x0,y0,x1,y1,0,1);
Maxgainline = LineArray(x0,y0,x1,y2,0,1);

Plot(C, "", 1, 64);
Plot(EMA(C,30),"", 1,1);
PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow * Buy, colorBlue, 0 , L, -15);
Plot(mingainLine, "line", colorGreen, 1);
Plot(Maxgainline,"maxgain",colorRed,1);

**********

I note that if I use the

LineArray(x0,y0,x1,y1);

format rather than the

LineArray(x0,y0,x1,y1,0,1);

then the line draws only for the split second that I
click on Apply in the Inicator Builder.

Not sure why, (I will leave that to others to figure
out) but the above works fine for now.

Like learning a new language,some things are starting
to make sense after more than a year of using AB.

If I was learning French not only would I be
unintelligible I would have a most amusing accent.

On to the next project.

Regards

ChrisB

http://mail.yahoo.com