[amibroker] Re: Intercept Help

I have used this
   IH = ValueWhen(Cross (High, TT(High, 2, Hotkey)), High);
	// intercept T2 with High
   IL = ValueWhen(Cross (TT(Low,  2, Hotkey), Low), Low );
		// Intercept T2 with Low
when the High or Low changes the MA (TT) changes.
So the intercept point is a dynamic target and I thought a
"for" loop could incrument the "High" + i of the MA and High
at the same time.  Compare and get the answer, but "IIF"
yields the wrong an incorect answer. I've tried

A = H;
for(i=0; i<600; i++)
{
   W = IIf((A+(i/100))<=(TT(A+(i/100), 2, Hotkey)), 0, 1);	//
Intercept High
   IH = (A+(i/100));					// Assign
until = <
   if(W=1)		i = 700;				//
Brake the for Loop
}

The TT (ma) is Tim Tillson's ma.
I'm looking for the intersection not the crossing, and
I want it projected against the current (incompleted) candle.

Carl

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> what price are you trying to find, and what price crossing MA
(C,3) ?
> Is it the price of the MA ?
>
> this should work as was above as Herman provided
>
> Intercept = Cross( C, MA(C,3) ) ;//cross of Close above the MA
> InterceptPrice = Valuewhen( Intercept, C);//value of Close at the
intercept

> if the MA price at intercept
>
> InterceptPrice = Valuewhen( Intercept, MA(C,3));//value of MA at
the intercept

> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:32:19 -0000, Carl K <KB0EBG@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Those commands worked, but gave the wrong answers.
> > I feel I will need to do it from a loop.
> > Loops do not accept Arrays so far.
> > There must be a work around.
> > I tried IIF's to see if it would furnish a number
> > that was not an array and have had no luck.
> >
> > someone else must have fought the same problems.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
> > <psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Did you try using
> > >
> > > Intercept = Cross( Price, MA(C,3) ) ?
> > >
> > > or if you need the Intercept price:
> > >
> > > InterceptPrice = Valuewhen( Intercept, C);
> > >
> > > best regards,
> > > herman

This
> > is the
> > >   logic
> > >   {  THi  = High + (i/100);            // Test High = High
+ .01
> > >   incrument
> > >      THi2 = DEMA(THi, 3);            // DEMA of Test High
> > >      MB   = IIf(THi2>THi, 1, 0);      // Test to Make/Break
loop
> > >   }
> > >   //   no luck either
> > >
> > >   I must be missing something.
> > >
> > >   Carl
> > >

> > >   Check AmiBroker web page at:
> > >   http://www.amibroker.com/
> > >
> > >   Check group FAQ at:

> > >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms