RE: [amibroker] Activate stops immediately -- please explain

Activate stops immediately in System Test Settings Window

It seems that if I uncheck this box, my system has much better result, i.e.
3 times better. The system will enter a trade if current High is higher than
previous High and exit if its Low is lower than previous Low. It has a 5%
profit exit stop.

If this is the case, shall I forget any stop signals in the day of entry and
start to implement stops from next day [next bar]?

Any explanation of this phenomenon is appreciated.

Activate stops immediately

When you trade on open and want to have built-in stops activated on the same
bar - just mark this box.

If you trade on close and want built-in stops to be activated from the next
bar - unmark this box.

You may ask why do not simply check the buyprice or shortprice array if it
is equal to open price. Unfortunatelly this won't work. Why? Simply because
there are doji days when open price equals close and then backtester will
never know if trade was entered at market open or close.