[amibroker] Re: Technical Vs technofundamental trading

I try to avoid any fundamentals that is based upon projections. More
often than not, the analysts are wrong, as another member in another
forum said.

rgds, Pal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "duke.jones" <Duke.Jones@xxxx>
wrote:
> Have to agree with Fred here...by the time the fundamentals turned
the stock was in the teens. Here is a little history.
http://208.149.108.73/pubfiles/enecollapse.pdf

> Duke Jones, CMT

Enron
> >  was going or at least that one didn't wnat to be long in it way
> >  before in serious price trouble.  The fundamentals lagged in that
> >  case simply because they weren't being accurately reported but
in any
> >  case fundamentals lag.  One can certainly use general market
prices
> >  as an indicator of where the economy is going but it doesn't
work the
> >  other way around.
> >
> >  --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Pal Anand"  wrote:
> >  >
> >  > Hi,
> >  >
> >  > I agree with what was said in another forum by another member,
that
> >  > if people had followed the proper fundamental criteria
(inaddition
> >  > technical criteria), they wouldn't have bought Enron and many
other
> >  > financial basket cases.
> >  >
> >  > rgds, Pal
> >  >
> >  > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Claude Caruana"
> >  >  wrote:
> >  > > Hi all,
> >  > >
> >  > > I am an Amibroker user for a few weeks now and I must say it
is
> >  > about to
> >  > > turn my trading method 180%.
> >  > >
> >  > > I initially purchased Amibroker to be able to generate
optimal
> >  > signals for a
> >  > > watchlist of around 100 stocks which I have selected for
their
> >  > fundumentals,
> >  > > however I am finding that my results work much better and
more
> >  > consistently
> >  > > on the entire stock universe (The 7000 tickers I have loaded
in
> >  my
> >  > db) than
> >  > > if I try running it on any watchlists containing less that
200
> >  > tickers.
> >  > >
> >  > > I find that, in general, the most reliable entry signals
occur
> >  very
> >  > > infrequently, and hence, signals are too few and far apart to
> >  create
> >  > > consistent results when the basis is my 100 stock watchlist.
If I
> >  > try to
> >  > > "loosen the parameters" and get an optimal number of signals
for
> >  my
> >  > 100
> >  > > stocks, then the system will not be as reliable as the one
> >  > with "tighter
> >  > > parameters" scanning the entire stock universe.
> >  > >
> >  > > Before I ditch my fundumental approach (which quite franky
has
> >  yet
> >  > to give
> >  > > me positve results!) altogether and start using a technical-
only
> >  > system, I
> >  > > would be very grateful if anybody could confirm whether my
> >  > observation about
> >  > > entry signals is normal, or whether I am missing something.
> >  > Finally, are
> >  > > there any of you out there who trade using technicals only?
> >  > >
> >  > > thanks for any feedback!
> >  > >
> >  > > Claude