[amibroker] Re: Technical Vs technofundamental trading

Hi,

I agree with what was said in another forum by another member, that
if people had followed the proper fundamental criteria (inaddition to
technical criteria), they wouldn't have bought Enron and many other
financial basket cases.

rgds, Pal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Claude Caruana"
<claudecaruana@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am an Amibroker user for a few weeks now and I must say it is
about to
> turn my trading method 180%.
>
> I initially purchased Amibroker to be able to generate optimal
signals for a
> watchlist of around 100 stocks which I have selected for their
fundumentals,
> however I am finding that my results work much better and more
consistently
> on the entire stock universe (The 7000 tickers I have loaded in my
db) than
> if I try running it on any watchlists containing less that 200
tickers.

> I find that, in general, the most reliable entry signals occur very
> infrequently, and hence, signals are too few and far apart to create
> consistent results when the basis is my 100 stock watchlist. If I
try to
> "loosen the parameters" and get an optimal number of signals for my
100
> stocks, then the system will not be as reliable as the one
with "tighter
> parameters" scanning the entire stock universe.
>
> Before I ditch my fundumental approach (which quite franky has yet
to give
> me positve results!) altogether and start using a technical-only
system, I
> would be very grateful if anybody could confirm whether my
observation about
> entry signals is normal, or whether I am missing something.
Finally, are