[amibroker] Re: Amibrker realtime data via Quote tracker

Thanks for your reply.
You were right, It was the ads which were stopping QT to send data to
AB. Once I clicked the adds a few times It was able to retrieve all
the symbols.

Is it possible to use QT as a backfill source and IB as real time
data on the same AB database?

Say I create a QT plugin database and get the backfilled data from QT
into this database and save it. Then change the database definition
to use plugin of IB in place of QT plugin and then it can bring real
time quotes from IB. Will it ruin the database or it will work okay.

Thanks
Vishal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> Just getting the one symbol I found means the connection between AB
> and QT has not been made. Bottom right corner of AB is a message of
> whether the QT is connected or not (next to databse name in AB
frame)
> QT must be running to get the tickers downloaded into AB. This is
the
> best way to ensure the tickers will read QT.
>
> QT does need the adds clicked on to continue working. There is
counter
> in QT window top right that shows your clicks and %. Minimum
required
> is 0.3% of adds clicked.
>

> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:20:09 -0000, sinhavishal <sinhavishal@xxxx>
wrote:

> > Hi,
> >  Thanks for the quick response. I have both AM and QT.
> > I have setup QT so that it brings the real time quotes from IB. It
> > works fine even without clicking on the ads.
> >
> > Now I run AB and try it to get quotes from QT. I suppose its setup
> > correctly cause it says connected to QT and it can recognize the
> > symbols. If I enter a wrong symbol in AB it does complain that QT
> > plugin can't understand the symbol.
> >
> > I did click once on the ad but that did not do anything either.
> > When I try to retrieve the symbol from QT to AMIBROKER it says 1
> > symbol retrieved and this symbols name is blank??? It does nt
> > retrieve any other sysmbol except the one with a blank name.
> >
> > Please help!
> >
> > Choco
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <wd78@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > Assuming that you have both AB and QT set up correctly, did you
> > click on the ads?

Terms of