RE: [amibroker] Re: Use Tradestation in place of Esignal/MyTrack/Amibroker/Sierra

Hello Clement,

TradeStation is rather slow compared with AmiBroker. You will definitely experience the ultimate and superior performance of AmiBroker when you have to master lenghty code and modules of code that is executed extremely fast by AmiBroker!
The inherent cabability of this is based on the fact that AmiBroker utilises computer memory in conjunction with large arrays and therefore avoids tedious disk-read-write cycles that consume time or even a "general" loop that in turn slows down the entire computational process.
Mostly, Traders use TradeStation because they have been accustomed to it for many years - it was one of the very first products as far as I remember - and shy away from a steep learning curve while still being engaged in "profit" taking opportunities or day trading.

Hope that clarifies and delineates the advanced features of AmiBroker somewhat. Personally, I do not recommend any slower product.

Cheers,

Udo

Clement Chin <clement@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can you elaborate your experience with AmiBroker in day-trading? Please. I
think your experience with both products, especially AB, is valuable to us.