Re: [amibroker] Re: Modifying delay and getting the exit price right

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Chris.

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:53:27 -0000, Christoper <turkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'd like to compare my current results with the
> > results of exiting at the close on the day after entry (bar 2 close
> > instead of bar 3 open), but ONLY if the close on that second bar is
> > less than my Buyprice from the first bar.
>
> So basically you are gonna run 2 backtests right? One for 3-bar stop,
> and a second for the 2/3-bar stops.

Yes, this is exactly what I want to do.  The first test, on 3-bar
trades, works correctly.  The second test, involving some 2-bar and
some 3-bar trades, I cannot figure out.  As I mentioned, the 3-bar all
exit on the Open, in both cases, while the 2-bar would exit on the
Close.

> > I am not sure exactly how to go about doing this.  I thought I could
> > use a conditional IIF to set the delay.  For example: IIF(Ref(C,1) <
> > Buyprice, delay = 1, delay = 2).  Then I thought I would do
> something
> > like: IIf(delay = 1, SellPrice = Close, SellPrice = Open).
>
> To setup the 2/3-bar stops, I wouldn't modify the delay.  I would
> leave the applystop as is, and just create a new Sell statement.
> Maybe someone else can think of something more elegant.
>
> Something like:
> NewStop = BarsSince(Buy) == 2 AND C < Ref(O, -2);
> Sell = [your stuff];
> Sell = Sell OR NewStop;

Can I do that?  I thought that when using ApplyStop it was necessary
to set Sell = 0.  So that is how I have it right now.  I am really
lost I guess.

RG