Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Manual writing

get a life Rob....end of discussion.

All the best,
Dennis
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 10:42 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Manual writing

Tomasz,

A sentence such as this could go a long way toward demystifying the term algorithm.

"How could I write a scan for an upward sloping 170 period EMA?... here
is the algorithm I want to use..."

" (EMA 170) - (EMA 170 47 days ago) > 0 "

In other words, the term is practically unnecessary. It is precisely what AB users have been creating in Amibroker the last few years, and it already has a name; it is known as AFL.  The above is nothing more than a line of AFL code.

Beginners do not need a big word to make themselves feel important. They know they are important when they start to succeed in crafting their thoughts in AFL;  then observe the splendid and speedy handling procedure in the Amibroker program; not the other way around.

Answer would be something like this, or whatever the accurate representation actually is:

Col 9 = EMA(C,170) - Ref(EMA(C,170) - 47) => 0;      Plot (Col 9, "AlGoreRythm ",  5, 4);

Just a plea for utmost simplicity in language as an aid in understanding for the newcomer who may be overwhelmed by the unfamiliar vocabulary of technical terms.

Sincerely,

Michael Robb
mlrobb@xxxxxxxxxxx