[amibroker] Re: Data sources

Tom,

I assume that TC2000 data must go back further than 10 years.  I have
a TC2000 database and a quick look at GE shows it going back to 01/84,
20 years.  You should be able to perform backtests on 20 years of
data.  Also, The trick with TC2000 is to set the watchlist to all
items in system, then go to watchlist menu > copy to other list > all
symbols > hard drive charts.  Then you can remove the CD from the bay
and the plugin will run off your hard drive.  Much quicker.  The new
beta is out for TC2005 and it runs completely off the hard drive.
Total data update is less than a minute.  There was a discussion about
that here the other day.  We are just waiting for Tomasz to update the
plugin for the new version.  He has been in contact with Worden and it
appears it will be no problem.

Bret