[amibroker] Re: Sell question

>That helps and I am that new.

It's alll good... just keep coming with those questions, and
hopefully you'll find the AB community to be helpful.

Just some advice about asking questions though... (a) always helps to
see your code. No matter how dumb you think it is.  No one will
crucify you here. (b) Like your original email, it was good that you
provided specifically what's "going wrong" with your code.  No one
typically answers if someone just shouts "i can't get trailing stops
work... help!"

Now getting back to your issues... if you've check the AA settings
and it's setup to way you want, throw us some of your sell code so we
can have a look.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve Johnston <seacove@xxxx> wrote:

> Regarding settings, what they do is give me part of what I want to
do but not what I want. On your advice, I did go through them a once
again and a little more closely...I had not noticed stops/profit
target/Exit next bar at trade. That helps and I am that new.

> Steve J

Buy/Sell
>   delays, "exit on same bar" etc.  If you are very new to AB, you
>   *must* really go through those settings to make sure you are
>   backtesting to what you think you are.
>
>   Could be there...
>
>   - chris
>
>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve Johnston <seacove@xxxx>
wrote:
>   > Hello
>   >
>   > I am very new to Amibroker and have written a formula that is
>   faultless in executing  buy signals but won't sell properly. All
it
>   ever wants to do is sell at the close of the next day or sells
the
>   same day which is not real as my intent is to use an End of Day
buy.
>   I'm really trying to understand Amibroker AFL so any information
of
>   how the Sell works or where I should look  would be appreciated.
>   > What I want to do is sell at a profit target the next day but
if
>   the open is greater than the profit target of course I'm going to
>   take that. If I don't meet the profit target I want to wait till
the
>   second day after the buy and if the open is greater than the buy
I'll
>   take that and if that doesn't work I want to sell at the buy and
if
>   all else fails I want to close out the trade at the end of the
second
>   day after the buy. So, sell the next day if the open is greater
than
>   profit target (if not met) at the profit target (if not met) the
next
>   day if the open is greater than the buy (if not met) sell at the
buy
>   price (if not met) sell at Close to finish the trade.  Odiously a
>   walk in the park for a lot you guys but a real puzzler for me.
I'd
>   include the many variations of what I have written but I think
you
>   guys would just laugh as I am so new.
>   >
>   > Steve J
>   > No virus found in this outgoing message.
>   > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>   27/01/2005
>

>   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/