Re: [amibroker] problem w/ weekly scan

Hi,

The problem occured when you increased the number of weeks in
the formula, this suggests you don't have enough bars loaded
to cope with the new formula. You can check that the number
of bars loaded is high enough for your formula via the AmiBroker
menu item File|Database Setting properties page.

Regards,
William Peters (AmiBroker Group Moderator)
www.amitools.com

v> I pull a number of entries using this scan:
v> ---------------------------------------------------
v> TimeFrameSet(inWeekly);
v> WEEKLYUT = MA(C,20) > MA(C,50)  AND MA(C,50) > MA(C,100) AND
MA(C,100) >> MA(C,200) AND MA(C, 200) > MA(C,205);
v> TimeFrameRestore();
v> -------------------------------------------------

v> However, now if I change the the last average,
v>  i.e. from ma(C,205)--> ma(c,210)

v> So the scan now is :
v> -------------------------------------------------
v> WEEKLYUT = MA(C,20) > MA(C,50)  AND MA(C,50) > MA(C,100) AND
MA(C,100) >> MA(C,200) AND MA(C, 200) > MA(C,210);

v> i get no hits.  I know there are a number of candidates from visually
v> inspecting a ton of charts.   For example CRDN & AAPL are example
v> charts that should be found.

v> Anyone know what is wrong?  Is there an internal limit on these weekly
v> moving averages that I need to be aware of?

v> Btw, I'm linked into tc2000 which has enough data to support these
v> weekly moving averages.