Re: [amibroker] Trailing sttops

Hello

Walt was kind enough to provide me with the following code - I hope he
doesn't mind if I share it around. This is something you can try, and
maybe you can adapt it if it isn't providing exactly what you need.

Basically, it takes care of the trailing stop which kicks in after
*MinGainPct* amount of profit has been reached. The trailing stop will
close the position after *trailPct* of the profit beyond the *MinGainPct
*profit has been given back I think you have to set up the hard stop
'behind the entry' separately, but that shouldn't be a problem.

buyat=BuyPrice;
MinGainPct=.04;
trailPct=15;
pct=IIf((MA(C,2)-buyat)/buyat > MinGainPct,trailPct,9999);
ApplyStop(stopTypeTrailing,stopModeRisk,pct,1,True);

Hope this helps

Nik

--
The majority meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.