RE: [amibroker] Re: Best exit price?

Did you plot the code i posted [ Tue 01/18/2005 7:59 PM ]? Your best bet to solve this problem is to visualize it.

herman
-----Original Message-----
From: qweds_560 [mailto:qweds_560@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 12:34 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Best exit price?

Many thanks Graham,

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. I may be doing something
wrong:

My code is:

buy=...conditions
short=...conditions

sell=short;
cover=buy;

BestLong = valuewhen( sell, highestsince(buy,h) );
BestShort = valuewhen( cover, lowestsince(short,L) );

Sell=bestlong;
Cover=bestshort;

Buy = ExRem(Buy,Short);
Sell = ExRem(Sell,Buy);
Short = ExRem(Short,Buy);
Cover = ExRem(Cover,Short);

The sell happens on the next bar after a buy rather than searching
for the highest high before a short signal.

Any assistance would be appreciated,

Cheers

Sam