[amibroker] errors using barindex with arrays

I keep having trouble when using barindex. The following porogram
gives me an error stating that I have to use a number with an if
statement. I sure think I am using a number but the compiler does
not think so. What an I doing wrong?

The lines it does not like are:
if (myBuy[bi] == 1)
if (myBuy[BarIndex()] == 1)
and
LastCross = tMacd[bi];
tMacd and myBuy are arrays and bi is the barindex.
What is wrong with this?

thanks,
Barry

// constants
mfast = Optimize( "MACD Fast", 12, 8, 16, 1 );
mslow = Optimize("MACD Slow", 26, 17, 30, 1 );
sigavg = Optimize( "Signal line", 9, 2, 20, 1 );
bi = BarIndex();

// vars
LastCross = 0.0;

// risk management
range = IIf(H < Ref(L,-1), Ref(C,-1) - L, IIf(L > Ref(H, -1), H - Ref
(C,-1), H-L));
range15 = MA(range,15);

// ema filter
emaFilter = EMA(C, mslow );
tMacd =  MACD( mfast, mslow );
tSignal = Signal( mfast, mslow, sigavg );

myBuy = IIf(Cross(tMacd , tSignal), 1, 0 );
mySell = IIf(Cross(tSignal ,tMacd), 1, 0 );
// if this is the first signal after macd went below zero ignore it
if (myBuy[bi] == 1) // the compile does not like this line
{
	if (LastCross >= 0)
	    LastCross = tMacd[bi]; // and it does not like this line
}

Cover = Buy  = ExRem(myBuy ,mySell );
Short = Sell = ExRem(mySell ,mybuy );
Plot (emaFilter, "EMA Filter", colorBlue);
Plot (Buy * emaFilter , "Buy", colorGreen);
Plot (Sell * emaFilter , "Sell", colorRed);