Re: [amibroker] no study values in explore results

Luigi:
I struggled with this also and this is what I'd do to learn how this works
1) Go to an indicator pane and draw a RE (resistance line using the tools), be sure to define it as a RE
2) Write this formula in a specific indicator pane/chart, say a price chart or a custom indicator.

line = Study("RE", GetChartID());

WriteVal(Line, 1.4);

WriteVal(GetChartID(),4.0);

3) Open the Interpretation window under the tab VIEW
4) Place your cursor on the pane with the resistance line .. the STUDY of RE
5) If your cursor is over the resistance line, the study you should have a value in the commentary window
6) You'll also see what the chartID is...something that escaped me for the longest time.  The documentation under chart ID is no longer current as there is no longer a main price chart with a value of one (1), etc. in the newer AB version.    My chart ID in the case I just ran was 1084

So as you develop your work it helps to know what ChartID you're focusing on and for the life of me I haven't found a way to do this other than this way.

OR IF YOU KNOW YOUR CHARTID then this works also in AA mode

Filter =1;

AddColumn(Close, "Close");

Line = Study("RE", 1084);

AddColumn(Line,"Line");