Re: [amibroker] 2 Instances of Quotetracker with AB?

I routinely run 2 instances of AB together with 2 instances of QT.

 I have them set up as follows: 2 complete QT programs were put in separate folders on my D:\Program Files hard drive ( I call the folders QT1 and QT2) with shortcuts to each QT program (stocks.exe) placed on my Windows desktop.

When first set up, I right-clicked on each shortcut to open the its properties and typed in the following as their respective targets:
"D:\Program Files\QuoteTracker1\stocks.exe" allowdup and "D:\Program Files\QuoteTracker2\stocks.exe" allowdup   (Careful with the quotes).

(You can find more information on running duplicate instances of QT in Medved's QT forum on their web site)

Starting up the QT1 program, then go to  "Menu/preferences/misc"  and set the HTTP server port to 16239.  Ditto in QT2, except I set it to server port 16240.

I then arrange the 2 AB instances so that the first one opens its own AB QT1 data file (a folder previously created with the ticker list that's being used in Quotetracker 1) and looks at server port 16239 (under file/database settings/configure).  Do the same with the other AB on its own QT2 AB database the other tickers from Quotetracker 2 and set it to server port 16240.

Of course, there can be problems if you are trying to get more than 80 symbols from each QT (using the free version), but that limitation seems to be adequate for my purposes.  I don't know if there is a more efficient/better way to set things up, but I wanted to keep my 2 QT databases in AB separate from each other.

Hope this helps

Wayne