Re: [amibroker] ZoneAlarm

  From: Owen Davies
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 12:00 AM
  Subject: [amibroker] ZoneAlarm

  Was there some mention here of a conflict between AB and ZoneAlarm?  I
  installed ZoneAlarm yesterday (after discovering what a bad job other
  anti-problem software had done) and suddenly AB is generating unhandled
  exception errors by the dozen.  Does this sound familiar?  Can anything
  be done to cure this phenomenon other than dumping ZoneAlarm?
  I also had a conflict with AB, as well as with other programs.  I traced the problem to truevector device driver which is part of ZoneAlarm.  There is much discussion regarding this driver in ZoneAlarm's user forum and on the net.  The ZoneAlarm people on the forum kept advising to try a complete uninstall and then reinstall.  That did not work for me, but replacing ZoneAlarm with Sygate solved all problems.  There might be settings, etc. that will correct the problem but I never found them.  And perhaps there is now more information on the forum.

  Thanks,

  Owen