[amibroker] Re: Weak dollar - rise in selling prices will probably be necessary

Yuki... > By definition, a crisis is darn near impossible to predict.
 It's just when someone like Mr. Volker, who is hardly a Chicken
Little, makes an observation like that, I'm going to give it some
weight, rather than stick my head in the sand. Again, he is not
calling for the end of US civilization, the decline of US living
standards to lower than those of, say, a Senegalese goat herder, or
anything else quite that apocalyptic.  But he is saying the currency
may be in trouble in the near to mid term. From him, that's saying
quite a lot.  Sadly for all of us, if the world's reserve currency
gets into trouble, there may be few if any hiding places.>

Your response simply indicates (to me) that since you don't deal
exclusively in US Dollar denominated issues, that you therefore have
not forced yourself to think in terms of "US Dollar denominated"
investments.

We (US denominated investors) have many alternatives including (Gold,
Silver, Platnium, Oil Futures, Euros, Yens, etc.).

Even TIP's or simply shorting US indexes are possibilities.

No matter how patriotic we think we need to be, *ALL* alternatives
need to be considered.

I have high regards for your opinions, but I don't think you have been
challanged with the need to think in US dominated investing.

But that does not diminish the respect that I have for your insights.

Forgive any mis-spellings.

Regards,

Phsst