[amibroker] OT: Weak dollar - rise in selling prices will probably be necessary

s.carrasset wrote:

> Hello,
> I do not start a pamphlet about the new american oecumenism. that's not
> the place, and my english is not so good.
> be sure i don't like you, and boycott any "US goods and services"as i can.
>
> The end.
> stephane
>
> Ps: even the ocnsideration about white wine will not have a longer and
> detailled dicussion here.
>
> quanttrader714 a écrit :
>

>>I'm so sick of America bashing.  What is truly nonsense is your
>>comment.  America **IS** the land of freedom, especially for you.
>>You'd be speaking German if it wasn't for the United States, so drop
>>the snooty BS.  If you have a problem with us, why don't you start a
>>boycott of all US goods and services, beginning with this website.
>>
>>--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "s.carrasset" <s.carrasset@xxxx>
>>wrote:
>><snip> it is like if you write that america is
>>
>>>a land of freedom ^_^, it is a non sense.
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>>stephane

M. Carrasset and all those who dare speak an opinion.

Never, ever, under any circumstances, for any reason whatsoever, should
one offer any opinion or criticism of the United States of America,
American foreign policy, American economic actions, or for that matter,
any facet of American history or culture.

True story:

Miss Anila Daulatzai, a young American of Afghan parents, was invited to
teach a class about Afghanistan and she asked the students if they would
like to know more about Afghanistan ( which was being bombed at the
time) and Pakistan. Most said they didn't have the time. Anila went on:

"Almost 60% of the class were white American males who wanted to serve
in the US government..... I suggested that we might take a more critical
look at the nature of the US involvement in that area. How they built up
the Taliban to fight against the Soviet Union. How they used Osama bin
Laden in that effort. How they built up Saddam, used him and then turned
against him as the evil one. I said those things in a very neutral
way... and I did know something about the area, because I spent a long
time working in refugee camps there."

"It didn't make any difference. Students started raising their hands and
saying: 'I don't agree with what you're saying'; 'America is the
greatest place on earth'; 'If you don't like it here, go back to where
you came from'. I pointed out that I was born up the street; that I
thought the point of any academic institution was to foster debate on
issues in a courteous way and that we were not on a Fourth of July
parade in a bar. This, I'm afraid, is an ignorant and arrogant nation."

Her words, not mine.

Robert Joss, Dean of Stanford Business School, said that Americans (not
all by any means) genuinely feel they are "trying to bring goodness to
everybody else". Tom Foley said Americans had a "very pervasive notion
of our good intentions".

This led to an assumption that "any sort of objective examination of the
United States  must result in approval, if not vigorous applause".

Michael Ignatieff, director of the Carr Center in the Kennedy School of
Government at Harvard gave this summary of why Americans are so easy to
manipulate:

"There is nothing more frightening than American innocence. Our
inability to question our own motives is truly alarming. It's a
fearsome, sometimes murderous innocence. Our inability to question our
own motives is truly alarming". Ignatieff later said that America was
controlled by an ideology, "but like all ideologies, it doesn't believe
it is one. It just believes that it is the truth".

Maybe it's time to get back to Amibroker and the markets?  8-))