Re: [amibroker] automating - IMPORTING METASTOCK

On Friday, 12 of November 2004 06:10, das300@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> - LETS say I have directories of metastock in DIRECTORIES A,B,C,D ETC
>
> - lets SAY I have 100 shares in AB and I want to import histories
> from this metastock databse into the exisiting AB database.
>
> What I do is go to metastock import and manuallu select directory by
> directory and selct each share in the list of available shares. THIS
> takes a lot of time ...
> ISNT there a short cut to this ???

work with file->database settings->data source

you say, your ms database is your primary database and it is always
up-to-date? if it is true, just use ms_plugin and work directly on ms data
(read only plugin).

however you might want make it as native ab database. in this case just make a
local storage (local data storage enabled) and scan this code:
buy=sell=0;

you might need to increase number of bars to load before. after that just
change the data source from ms to local

--
Marek Chlopek
Partner