RE: [amibroker] Re: wrong Backtesting results:

And here I thought you were talking about ME!!!

  _____

From: Joe Landry [mailto:jelandry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 10:29 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Gary Serkhoshian
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: wrong Backtesting results:

Yugi, I'm sorry - no sooner than I had written my note to you and the forum
when my internal PC/sensitivity judge kicked in  and I realized I was
objectifying(sp?) you.  I hope you and the group know that I don't think of
you as an object/cute thing but intelligent cute woman and so look forward
to your notes.  And I'm so glad you spoke up.  It seems to have quenched the
testosterone.

I welcome all the ideas and although I don't trade mechanically how else
could I measure how
well my ideas are doing, and find the better setups and exits.
Is the answer to trade real money? Paper trade? Do setups graphically and
calculate
the returns manually?  No way.

It's written in an interview that Chuck Lebeau,  the famous trader,  said
that of his 150 set ups
that he was using thought were great were found to be not so great when he
got around to using
a computer to back testing them and he found that a large portion should
have been discarded.

Abraham Maslow, once commented: "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you
will see every problem as a nail."

Your always seeking for more and better tools forum member

JOE