Re: [amibroker] Bars since Buy signal - how to code in AFL ?

Hi, Paul.

Well, I had some unexpected work to do today (I'm a freelance writer and
not entirely in control of my schedule) and so have not had much time to
play. However, I did wonder why you had set the delays all to 1. Given
that the entries are all intraday, while the exit is on the open, I
would have set them all to 0. This cuts the win ratio from 50% to 38%
and modestly reduces the profit without notably changing the length of
each trade. Either way, it definitely is not closing trades on the first
profitable entry after a one-bar delay.  Of course, it will need more
poring over the code before I am really sure that it is looking at a
one-bar delay.

Oh, and although the PositionSize=MarginDeposit=1 statement promises a
points-only test, the profits shown in the list of results are
multiplied by the point value.  Perhaps that is what you intended.  I've
reset it to 1.

There was a time when I enjoyed programming.  Then Windows 3.0 came in,
I switched from DOS, and I never made the transition other than as an
end-user.

Best,

Owen