[amibroker] Re: Need help with Explore code

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bill Barnard" <wbarnard@xxxx>
wrote:

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "alannortham" <anortham@xxxx>
wrote:

> > I tried the following code which is suppose to filter my stocks
> when
> > the short term ema is above the longer term ema for the last 30
> > days.  However when I run it, it gives an error message saying I
> need
> > to define a NumColumn variable.  I know how to add a new column
but
> > am not sure what the array needs to be.  Can anyone help me get
> this
> > code working?
> >
> > <==Start Code==>
> > st=ema(c,10);
> > >lt=ema(c,20);
> > >filter=sum(st>lt,30)==30;
> > <==End Code==>
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alan
>

> Hi Alan,
>
> Try this:
>
> st=EMA(C,10);
> lt=EMA(C,20);
> Filter=Sum(st>lt,30)==30;
> AddColumn(C, "Close");
>

> Bill

Thanks Bill for the response and for the code improvement.  Adding
the AddColumn gets rid of the error message however, when I run the
scan it lists stock tickers who's short term ema is above the longer
term ema as well as stock tickers who's long term ema is above the
short term ema.  There still needs to be some code improvement so
that only the stock tickers are listed who's short term ema is
currently above the long term ema and has been for at least the last
30 day's.  Any ideas?

Alan