From: "dbirru" <dbjunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 02:01:48 -0000
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] on peak/zig functions

I am tryig to understand how some functions, like,  the  peak(..),
zig() functions work in AB for backtesting.

I understand that these functions can refer to future values if used
in backtesting. My understanding is that
peak(C,20,1) can refer to future values. But
peak(C,20,2) will not. All of those that refer to prior values (the
last arguement)greater than 1 will not refer to future values since
they don't depend on futue values.

Is this understanding correct? If not, can someone give me an
example where peak(C,20,2) also refers to future values?

Check group FAQ at:

 <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129na2v06/M=315388.5526708.6599542.3001176/D=g
roups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1098859023/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://ww
w.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS>

*
*
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .