[amibroker] Re: Need help with custom array data

d,

Thanks... I haven't done very much yet other than experiment with a
few approaches. I created a .csv file in excel with dummy data and
tried importing it with the import wizard but that didn't work. Next
I manually edited the quote data for one symbol and added the
institutional ownership percentage in the open interest (OI) field.
I was then able to plot the indicator with:
Plot(OI,"Open Interest %", Colorred,StyleHistogram | 4);
I'm interested in automating this process with VBscript. I'm
thinking to get the data from a website with URLGET and then parse
through it using VBscript. I then would like to write the
institutional ownership % to the available OI field in each symbol
of my database if I can access that field somehow. My problem is
that I'm a beginner at vbscript and AFL for that matter and I have
~6400 symbols in my database. I'm not sure how to iterate through my
database or how to pass the new symbol needed as an argument to the
URLGET application or the best way to parse out the
data....basically I have a lot of work ahead of me. Any pointers on
the approach or similar solutions would be appreciated.
regards,
Tom

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> first you need to post what you've done - several people have
asked for a
> simliar solution.
>
> second, you can create a "synthetic ticker" that holds that info.
Ie. for
> IBM make one IBM_IO or something like that.

>   _____

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129e0rqa4/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
76/D=gr

oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1098310756/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http
://comp
> anion.yahoo.com> click here
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
> :HM/A=2128215/rand=335425207>
>

>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>

> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>

> *	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service