[amibroker] Registered Version Won't Save

A few days ago, I downloaded Amibroker into my wife's computer when both of my other computers became unusable.  After installing the Brokey.dll, it works just fine, and saves all of the changes.

I just now downloaded Amibroker into another computer, installed  Brokey.dll, and it won't save changes.  I ran a save test in notepad, by saving it to my desktop, and it worked well.  This saved notepad test  is still on my desktop after I restarted this second computer. I even did a second download of Amibroker over the first download, and it still made no difference.

I have occasionally been getting a Ddhelp error message, so I did a search, and found that I can repair missing files by clicking on START>RUN, and then typing in SCF, which stands for SYSTEM FILE CHECKER.   This found and fixed a problem with Setup.exe.
BTW,just prior to running SCF, I had completely reinstalled Win 98 per instructions on the Microsoft website.
NEXT, I then uninstalled Amibroker, and did yet another download, installed the Brokey.dll, checked to see that it is registered to me, and it still won't save changes.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could possibly be. When I click on HELP>ABOUT AMIBROKER, it clearly shows that I successfully installed the Brokey.dll, but it acts exactly like that Brokey.dll is NOT installed.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?   Ron D