[amibroker] Re: How does Amibroker compare against the rest

Hmmm... How good is Amibroker.....

I don't know what I would do without it.  I tell everyone about it
here in Denver Trading Group, I have been accused by some people at
the club for having a "luv affair with it"... It really depends on
what you want it for.  Several Negatives I have been told are the
graphics, ease of getting used to it and for traders using multiple
time frames it is not possible to do intratimeframe Tick data but
then you can't have it all... I don't use it for systems I am a
discretionary trader.  For me Stability goes a long ways with this
platform, not to mention how QUICK it reacts.  I am tired of
platforms that are sort of "quiky" in how they work.

The support is the best, I was afraid at first that support was hard
to get... NOT THE CASE  ;)

Mark

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> [DC] Probably the only way to make the AFL approach better would
be to have
> AmiBroker write the code itself, based on verbal command in your
natural
> language.
>
> Perhaps you should have another look at the new Drag&Drop
features... you
> can now cascade code modules and "build" indicators and systems
without
> seeing/editting afl code. Ofcourse you have to understand what you
D&D and
> probably you want to create some of your own custom
indicators/modules and
> add them to your Chart's workspace. You can create System Building
blocks
> that, when dropped on several indicators, will give you buy and
sell
> signals. No other software i have seen has this capability.
Development work
> can be reduced since you no longer have to edit code to test
various parice
> arrays and signal arrays, just select them in the param() window,
>
> I haven't seen anybody exploit this, but the capability is there
NOW.

> best regards,
> herman

Dynamic
> Trader (somewhat pricey, but gorgeous charts), Fibonnaci Trader
(no longer
> unique), Ensign, Sierra Charts and QCharts (ho hum), and Neo
Ticker (not as
> user friendly or intuitive IMO), and one or two others whose names
I can't
> recall.
>
>   Amibroker can do anything the programs above can do, barring some
> proprietary indicators (but if you can figure out the code, you
can program
> AmiBroker to do it). The only other thing that AB can't do is plot
> indicators beyond the rightmost bar on the chart (e.g., displaced
moving
> averages), but I think a few of us have suggested it be considered
in some
> future update. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!
>
>   Every update Tomasz releases contains something of practical
value. If a
> given release contains bugs, they get handled quickly (or so I
gather from
> the comments I read).
>
>   I'm still struggling to learn the AFL, but there are usually
enough
> formulas already posted so that understanding it is not TOO awfully
> difficult. I could still use an "AFL For Dummies" reference,
because I tend
> to make it harder than it has to be. Probably the only way to make
the AFL
> approach better would be to have AmiBroker write the code itself,
based on
> verbal command in your natural language.
>
>   I guess the bottom line is this: if you've been looking for a
program that
> can do almost everything NOW, and perhaps will in the future, and
has
> support that is EXCELLENT, then AmiBroker is the end of your
search.

>   Just in case yopu wonder, I have no affiliation with AmiBroker
or its
> staff, apart from being a very happy owner.
>
>   DC

metastock...) how