Von: William Peters [mailto:williampeters@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 10. Oktober 2004 19:50
An: Thomas Zmuck
Betreff: [amibroker] re: AB Simulator

Hi Thomas,

You can find it in the files section for this forum.
File name: Simulator124.zip

Regards,
William Peters
www.amitools.com

Sunday, October 10, 2004, 8:52:08 AM, you wrote:

TZ> Hello William,

TZ> Can you please tell me the link for the latest simulator version.
TZ> Thank you !

TZ> Best regards

TZ> Thomas Zmuck
TZ> www.tradingbasis.com

k>> Is this something TJ would incorporate into AB itself rather
k>> than as a plug-in

TZ> I can't answer for TJ but I think that would be a nice addition, you
could
TZ> send a suggestion to the following email address suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

TZ> Regards,
TZ> William Peters
TZ> www.amitools.com

k>> William

k>> I still think this is useful tool.
k>> I did not know about the spacebar trick so have never used it.

k>> I do have similar functionality built into another software
k>> program I use, which I use for this purpose more often.

k>> Is it possible to make some changes to this code so that
k>> instead of using the spacebar to advance one bar, we can use...

k>> right arrow to advance one bar,
k>> left arrow to retreat one bar,
k>> down arrow to advance one week,
k>> up arrow to retreat one week?

k>> or customisable?

k>> Is this something TJ would incorporate into AB itself rather
k>> than as a plug-in or is that not a diplomatic question?

k>> Regards

k>> ChrisB

k>> William Peters <williampeters@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
k>> Tim,

k>> There are a various Simulator programs floating around. If you are
k>> using the one with a user interface (Simulator.exe currently at
k>> version 1.24) then you can do what you require using the spacebar key.
k>> You also need to be using EOD data to do this.

k>> Except from the readme:

k>> "Added the ability to step forward one bar at a time using the space bar
TZ> on the keyboard.
k>> Begin simulation by clicking the run button and then press the space bar
TZ> on the keyboard
k>> to progress one bar at a time or hold down the space bar to progress
k>> multiple bars."

k>> Regards,
k>> William Peters
k>> www.amitools.com

k>> Saturday, October 9, 2004, 9:46:37 AM, you wrote:

r>>> Hello,
r>>>  I loaded the simulator into the tools and it seems to work fine. Is
r>>> there a way to have it advance 1 day at a time? I would like to use
r>>> it to refine my trading and the set-ups that I use. Most of you
r>>> probably are beyond all of this but it would be a big help. Thank
r>>> you for your kindness.

r>>> Regards,

r>>> Tim

r>>> Check AmiBroker web page at:
r>>> http://www.amibroker.com/

r>>> Check group FAQ at:
r>>> Yahoo! Groups Links

k>> Check AmiBroker web page at:
k>> http://www.amibroker.com/

k>> Check group FAQ at:

k>> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

k>> ---------------------------------
k>> Yahoo! Groups Links

k>>    To visit your group on the web, go to:

k>>    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

k>>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

k>> ---------------------------------
k>> Do you Yahoo!?
k>> vote.yahoo.com - Register online to vote today!

k>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

k>> Check AmiBroker web page at:
k>> http://www.amibroker.com/

k>> Check group FAQ at:
k>> Yahoo! Groups Links