RE: [amibroker] ValueWhen() function

This is NOT complete and tested code but it may give you a looping idea to
start with. This code sums the Close prices for consequtive years and
divides the by the number of times the Close was summed. This doesn't do any
normalization, year synchronization, etc. The result displays at the start
of you X-axis; zoom in to the left-begin of your chart. As an Indicator you
may have to turn Off QuickAFL for this to work - or you can run it from your
AA.

Herman

BI = BarIndex();
SumArray = 0;
NewYear = Year() != Ref(Year(),-1);
OffSet = 0;
Count = 0;
Array = C;
for(b=0; b<BarCount;b++)
{
if( NewYear[b] ) OffSet = BI[b];
SumArray[b-OffSet] = SumArray[b-OffSet] + Array[b];
Count[b-OffSet]++;
}
Average = SumArray/Count;
Plot(Average,"Average",1,1);